Thursday, December 30, 2010

OOTD: No Snow Can Wear Beret?

I shall declare that this is one of my finest, most inspired moment just yet. I usually go for the soft feminine look, one that echoes my romantic inclination and a minimalistic approach to accessorizing because I believe "less is more".

However, I am a little jealous of all you people who get to layer in the cold, wear luxuriously soft coats and don on colourful leggings even if I do not envy how cold it can get. Singapore had been sporting a surprisingly cool weather and little sun and by cool, I mean it is still about 25 - 27 degrees celsius but comparing it to its usual 32 - 33 degrees all year round, this is winter for us and as good as it can get! So out comes my beret for some action. About 3 - 4 years ago, I wore berets frequently like a second skin and no one could understand this act of oddity in a climate like ours. I outgrew it and stored them away but seeing so much snow in all the blog posts made me dig it out again to relieve a moment of the past.

But of course sad lonely Murphy decided to intervene and made the day especially bright and sunny so while I look like a fool sporting a knitted beret and a cardigan to lunch, the lighting was great and it was well-worth the amount of sweat I had to endure for the latter part of the day.

Without further ado, I present to you - the Purplish Pink Leopard!







I wrenched the leopard print cardigan away from its rack the moment I spotted it. I do so want a leopard print cardigan in beige like the one H&M had awhile ago but it hasn't found its way into my life yet. For those who are freezing out there, hope the pictures of sunshine bring to you some warm memories of the past.

Pink Leopard Print Cardigan: Warehouse
Navy Dress: Walk With Grandam on Well-Lit Street (worn on its own on my first OOTD with my face on!)
Studded Shoes: A shop off Far East Plaza
Wooden Squirrel Necklace: Tatty Devine (seen here)
Purple Knitted Beret: Topshop
Black Bow brooch stitched with gems: Gifted (from Korea and seen here)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

But the beret is such cuteness, what's ridiculous about that? It's perfect for th whole Mad Men feel of this outfit!
The dress is lovely and I want that cardigan, it's awesome to add instant wow to a simple outfit, no? I have a beret too and I never wear it but I'm going to try now, we can't help it if the weather refuses to cooperate with our fashion needs!

December 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Mirka said...

Oh, you always look so damn good! I love this outfit! And I offer to change my winter weather for yours :D

December 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Bethamint said...

Such a cute outfit - I love the buttons, the beret, the bow, the print.... ALL of it. Ahhh too cute!

December 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM  
Anonymous Allison said...

I really like this look! Very fun and chic :) Good idea putting a brooch on your beret!

December 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Gazel M. said...

Nicely one. I love the purple an leopard.

December 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Una said...

Ok, so you always looked amazing, but i think this maybe one of my favorites. It was worth all the sweat. That hat is perfect so bonnie and clyde.

December 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Fat Aus said...

that cardigan! i love it.

December 31, 2010 at 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

And you look extra adorable in your purple beret and gorgeous cardi! You go girl! Heat or not heat, bring on the cuteness! Lucky you in a sunny environment while the rest of us freeze our behinds off! Forget the coats, leggings and other winter attire...I want sun!!!!

December 31, 2010 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger thomessa said...

You look great! Sorry you had to endure heat with that beret on, even though it is gorgeous with those rhinestones! I'm rather envious of your warm weather!

December 31, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Natalie Mulford said...

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THAT CARDIGAN!! It's amazing!

December 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger dc said...

This retro outfit is perfect, I love this style and the beret is gorgeous!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

January 1, 2011 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

Loving the leopard! Hope you have a great 2011 honey! xx

January 2, 2011 at 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I checked back, because my last comment didn't post for some reason. You look beautiful! I love the mixture of print/colors and your beret is too cute. I'm also so happy that your blog is doing so well. I think your readers can tell you're a genuinely nice and fashionable person :). Can't wait to read more in 2011!

January 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Dee O. said...

Very cute! I love the beret :)

That GOOD GOOD Blog

January 3, 2011 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger coco kailee said...

I LOOOOOOOVE it. So fun and femme. This is like, the perfect amount of punkishness with girly-ness. I love the Pink/Purple color and I'm so beyond envious of your beret! You lucky lady. I can't wear berets, because of my afro. Hats in general make me look like a muppet XD

Happy New Year right back at you, Dee! <333


xoxo coco
http://www.muffintopbaby.com

P.S. I really wish it was warm enough here to be sweating. Its so freaking cold. I grew up in SoCal too, so this Sacramento chill is KILLING me.

January 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

sweetheart, you look so beautiful! I love your beret and your whole outfit :) I feel all mushy inside looking at your pics, it must be love :)

January 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

Thank you everyone for having such nice things to say, one of my favourite outfits just yet!

January 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That beret is perfect on you! You pull it off so well. I love it! Also you look great in purple!

January 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this outfit, super cute!

February 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter