Sunday, December 19, 2010

OOTD: Some Called It My Christmas Dress

I couldn't wait to wear the dress the moment I saw it online that I had to make it mine. There were three colours to choose from and each equally appealing so I bought the red because I know I would wear it near Christmas, on Christmas or after Christmas.

When I had an evening that I was to go out for a movie and some drinks, I was eager to let it make its appearance and the number of people who asked me if it was my Christmas dress was unbelievable. One said "You look very Christmassy today" and another "Is it Christmas yet?" and yet another "Is that your Christmas dress?". Yes I suppose it is. It is one of my Christmas dresses.


It's a good thing I bought it early because in just 2 days or so, it was off the racks!






My second pair of leopard print brogues which you see from time to time. I seriously love this pair of shoes. I thought it would be difficult to match at first but I found everything to match it with. It could go with black, blue, red, pink, a versatility upon itself that surprised me.

Verdict for the Forever21+ Red Bandage Dress:
I was very worried initially. Forever21+ carries up to size 18 officially and though there have been many pieces which fit well for the size 20 and above, this dress might jolly well not been one of them. I am not a big fan of the tummy hugging sort. I knew the cut of the dress would be flattering but question is, would it be forgiving enough? I am sort of a calculated risk taker and decided to go for it and I am pleasantly surprised, this being my first dress from Forever21+. It fits me just well everywhere and has pleats running through the front. In my opinion, dresses with a pleated or a wrapped front helps to contain the tummy a little. It is not too loose, not too tight and not too short. The material is superb though a little heavy for Singapore's weather. I would imagine it doing very well for autumn and winter. It has merits that made it tolerable for heat and humidity which are the short sleeves and a slightly interesting cutout at the back for a spot of breeze. If one day the colour red is as celebrated as black, this would be my little big red dress, the classic statement that I would never tire of or go out of style.

Bows for the Forever21+ Red Bandage Dress:



Christmas Dress: Forever21+
Leggings that always roll down: Dorothy Perkins, 120 denier
Leopard Print Brogues: "Your Feet Look Gorgeous" range from New Look
Gold Bow Brooch: H&M (bought in Paris!)
Red Ring: Actually Actually
Polka Dotted Ring: Dorothy Perkins

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

19 Comments:

Blogger Franceta said...

I loveee this. The dress looks fabulous on you and the brogues are adorable!

December 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Gazel M. said...

This is so adorable. I love the red and I love your style. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog!

xx

G.

December 19, 2010 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger aroselikethis said...

this dress looks soo lovely on you! unfortunately me for the forver21+ for us in the uk is poorly stocked and a little bit pricey for some things :(

but this dress would be perfect for christmas its true!
xx www.aroselikethis.blogspot.com

December 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger thomessa said...

The way you styled this dress is genius! :) I had my eye on that dress too and never even considered the red one, it looks great!!

December 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ohh my friend has this dress is black and I love it! It looks fabulous on you too, it's such a perfect cut and colour!

December 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger coco kailee said...

You look absolutely fabulous! I love red - I think more women should incorporate red into their wardrobe more often - and it looks especially dreamy on you! I have such a love/hate relationship with Forever 21+ too, but I think this is such a cute dress and it looks great on you :}

That brooch is adorable with it too, btw! So jealous! <3


xoxo coco
http://muffintopbaby.blogspot.com

December 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Una said...

This dress is great on you. I think red is an all year color, but how perfect you got in time for the holidays.

December 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I love the red color, and the way it lays on your body. I also love your ring that doesn't quite meet. I've recently become obsessed with rings. Well I hope you are doing well and have a good holiday!

December 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Fat Aus said...

I love the red dress with the leopard shoes! You look SO great!

December 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger ElleBee said...

You look adorable!! Love the color, the details on the back and that bow looks so cute with it!

I was checking out clothes on Forever 21+ the other day and wondering if they'd actually fit me. I'm an 18 and their sizing really confused me. A size 13/14 is considered a 1X. Normally an X or 1X is my size.

December 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

The color red looks wonderful on you and this dress is so flattering for your figure! So is this a size 18 and would you say it runs true to size or a bit bigger?

December 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

Love this dress! And you look amazing in it! That bow is the perfect touch. I get comments on every red dress being a "Christmas" dress anytime I wear red in December, haha!

December 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

Thank you everybody for liking my red dress! I can't wait for Christmas to come so I can see what everyone chooses to wear for Christmas!

December 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Brenda Jean said...

Inspired shoe choice!

December 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Cute! That is a fabulous dress. I love the bow pin too!

December 21, 2010 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

You look amazing in this dress! It's wonderful!

December 22, 2010 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Alissa said...

I love that red dress with the bow brooch. You look so cute. Loving the blog. You have a new follower now.

December 23, 2010 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Love this! I have this dress in black, I wore it for new years with my sheer cardi (that you commented on).

xoxo
Natasha
http://chiccurve.blogspot.com

January 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM  
Anonymous SS said...

Is there a f21+ section in SG? Reply please :(

September 12, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter