Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OOTD: Peek.aboo



This was an original attempt of desperation. Boyfriend jackets had kicked off a huge storm then and I was dying for the look but of course, I couldn't find a boyfriend jacket that would fit me properly. So I wandered off into a shop and found this. It was long and black and hey, I thought, I could make this into my boyfriend jacket! Of course the material was too soft to hold a proper shape but I found that I was able to button up all the way and it wasn't too tight for my tummy or hips. I look shapeless and the front was way too short. It would hitch up without an effort.



The original idea was to sew a line of tulle at the hem but I didn't have enough tulle to do that so I put off wearing it for nearly a year or maybe even more. That morning, I was in a race for Time before the Boy would pick me up for work and this dress was lying conveniently on a chair, waiting to be "worked on". I just slipped it on, threw on a belt and most importantly, shimmied into a petticoat and ran out.





The petticoat left my modesty intact so I was able to enjoy this very well-fitted shirt-dress all day, feeling great. A lacier petticoat hunt is on full motion!

This is an example of how a mistake turned out right.

Shirt-Dress: A shop from Far East Plaza
Brown Weave Belt: Dorothy Perkins
Leopard Print Shoes: "Your Feet Look Gorgeous" range from New Look
Petticoat: Mom's
Bracelets: A shop from Far East Plaza, Charles & Keith, Muse @ Far East Plaza

Labels: , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

8 Comments:

Anonymous Allison said...

Cool! Can't wait to see the finished product! I really need to learn how to sew :S

November 25, 2010 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

I love what you've done with this!

November 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really did turn out right. It looks great. And thanks for the close up of the belt. I've been trying to figure out how people tie them that way!

November 26, 2010 at 6:50 AM  
Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi, you look great! I love that you are so crafty :)

am happily following you :)

<3 Anika
http://www.sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com
Twitter: @AnikaSweetface

November 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger neffbot said...

I love it so much! It looks great on you.

November 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Franceta said...

So... You are fabulous! LOL, power to the crafty girls! I too love to DIY everything I can, and I love this. Those shoes are also just to DIE for.

Love the blog, LOVE the outfits, LOVEEEE the layout! New follower for sure. Looking forward to your future posts! :) ♥

November 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger JMay said...

Such cute bracelets!

November 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger thomessa said...

I absolutely adore this. The petticoat was a clever idea, and with a fuller one the shirt dress will look even better! I'm envious of those shoes! :)

November 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter