Monday, November 8, 2010

OOTD: Deepavali

I've been sick which is not a good thing of course. The virus had been circulating the office and infected the Boy and some of my coworkers. Even though I took my precautionary Vitamin C, it was apparently not enough to stop me from being infected too. I had plenty of rest over the weekend and felt a little better.

I have a total of about 3 denim pieces in my wardrobe, not including the jeans of course. We've seen one here and this is the second piece - a denim biker jacket which I bought from my last trip to Bangkok. I was attracted to it the moment I saw it displayed on a large-sized mannequin. First point of attraction, it is large which means I can wear it! Second, it has the graduated denim tone which I like. Third, it has three-quarter sleeves so it's wearable in Singapore.





I've seen plenty of people with the likes of Nicole Ritchie, Kylie Minogue, Rachel Bilson looking great by casually throwing a piece of denim on their back over dresses, teeshirts, jumpsuits.


Victoire J's look in Lookbook.nu. I am very taken with the colour of her denim jacket paired with her nude/pink colour dress.


Since little girls can look downright chic in the denim jacket so I figured why not me?


This necklace has a name - Mola. It is named after a friend's pet squirrel who went crazy.


There is something about lockets which can be opened to reveal a past, closed to hide secrets and kept near to the heart. I want to put my parents' pictures inside once I found some suitable ones.

I first heard of Tatty Devine via an online accessories boutique, L'artichaut, which is now sadly defunct. Ever since then, it had been a prolonged love-hate relationship. If you are a fan of kitsch, then you would be enamoured by Tatty Devine which is an online kitschy heaven upon itself. Even though L'artichaut is no longer in operation, we can still find some pieces lurking in the Zouk boutique in Singapore for those who are interested and not too drunk to look (Zouk is a wildly popular club in Singapore) but the price could be pretty steep for those subjected to currency conversion like me. I would love to own a few of their Autumn/Winter 2010 which is inspired by "women who set the world alight".

My Tatty Devine Picks of the A/W 2010 Season:



Aviatrix Brooch in cream


Studded Jet Horseshoe Large Necklace


Gingham Neckerchief Necklace



I also want to show you a random meal that the Boy and I both enjoy on a regular basis - Butter Naan and Butter Chicken Curry.





Denim Biker Jacket: ZoZe from Bangkok
Floral Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Wooden Squirrel Necklace: Tatty Devine
Vintage-inspired Locket Necklace: Pull & Bear
Shoes: Birkenstocks

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just recently started loving denim jackets again. I had waved them off for a long time as part of the '90s, but I live in a not so fashion-forward state in the U.S., so I was seriously unaware of how great denim jackets could be. I really like the pale denim color of yours, and I agree about Victoire J's jacket. That acid/silver color of her jacket really works well with her nude dress. It plays off the delicate look of her dress very well. Lovely post!

November 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger evie said...

yeah! I love denim again too. I have two demin jackets and I just found a denim shirt that I haven't worn yet. I love your jacket/dress combo. And your Tatty Devine picks.

Butter chicken is my favourite!!!!!! so bad but sooo good!
x

November 9, 2010 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The jacket is really cute! I have to agree with you that the color gradation is lovely and it looks great with the floral dress! Denim has never really had a place in my closet, aside from jeans - which I don't wear anymore. I almost bought a denim shirty this summer but it doesn't really suit my style.

November 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Anna ♥ said...

I love that jacket (so ridiculously 80s!) and your nail polish with that dress ♥

I hope your feeling alright again. Being ill sucks :(

November 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

Love the jacket honey, looks great with the floral dress! Hope you're feeling better now xx

November 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter