Monday, October 25, 2010

OOTD: The Leopard Within


The Boy took one look at my dress and laughed. "How weird! A pink leopard!" he giggled.

This was easily one of my best and most unexpected finds (of 2009). I bought it about this time last Christmas and when everywhere was on sale. bYSI occasionally carries large-fitting pieces that I can slip in but most of the time, they carry till about a size 14. My other friends being size 14 and less wandered into the store which was having a megasale and I just flipped through the racks and found the dress. As always, the first thing I do in a shop which doesn't carry clothing my size is to look for either an XL or a L. I then tried to test the material with my hands, stretching it to see if it can remotely go around me. When I ascertained the possibility, I will then carry it to the dressing room. Viola! It fits me and the drapey front means that I get to hide my tummy.


The dress only cost SGD15 which is maybe like a USD10.



The black blazer is made from cotton and is a UK16 from Miss Selfridge. I hardly fit into any blazer at all because either the boobs or tummy are my obstacles. Since this is cotton, it means that it is a little stretchy. It would have been better with a UK18 but Miss Selfridge in Singapore does not carry up to 18.

The brooches come in a set of 3 and have gemstones printings on them. I am pretty sure I got them from H&M. This is the first time I've used them on any garment because either I forget I have them or I don't want to spoil the garment with pinholes.

Leopard-print Dress: bYSI
Cotton Blazer: Miss Selfridge
Brooches: H&M somewhere else in the world

Labels: , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

4 Comments:

Blogger Weesha said...

pretty dress! Pink and grey look great together don't they? and I do the exact same thing when I'm shopping- my boyf always gives me weird looks whenever I pull at clothes to check stretchiness hehe

October 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger evie said...

I love that dress so much. I want it! In fact I love this whole outfit. It looks incredible on you and the pink is so bright. You have a lovely hour-glass figure too-check out that itty bitty waist. Really enjoying your new outfit posts. You have great style.

evie

October 26, 2010 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oohh such a cute dress!

October 26, 2010 at 4:28 AM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

@ Weesha & Elizabeth: I'm jealous of the many dresses that you girls have too. Being in Asia doesn't give much choices for big clothes usually. Most of my clothes are either from Dorothy Perkins or New Look. Occasionally I can fit into Topshop and Miss Selfridge so it takes a lot of scavenging! I'm not sure how Weesha handles it in Dubai. Is it difficult to find clothes there?

@ evie: Hehe, I really don't have an itty bitty waist but vanity compels me to stick out my butt so the tummy will be 'sucked in' during photo-taking. Most of the time, people stand up to let me have seats in the subway because they think I'm pregnant.

October 26, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter