Sunday, December 12, 2010

OOTD: Eddie's Wedding

This is my first time having a full 8 course wedding lunch and the man of the show is Eddie who had come a long way in Love and finally receive the bliss he deserved.


The groom and the bride - Eddie and Lydia.


C'est moi, at the lobby of the Grand Hyatt.


I fell in love with the bag the first time I saw it but I wasn't quite sure if it is to be black or red but lobbied for the red in the end. It is furry, very roomy and if you believe it, I even put in a pair of high heels that I wanted to wear but couldn't.


You might have remembered the necklace from here.




Do you see my reflection in the shiny balls?




Greta and I.






The beautiful fir tree at P.S. Cafe was adorned with pretty little butterflies.


Had a cup of tea before heading home after the wedding lunch.

I have another wedding to attend to next Sunday and funny thing is that the colour combination that I intend to wear is exactly the same as what I wore for this wedding lunch, even the accessories I want to use are the same!

Verdict for ASOS Curve Tiered Pleated Rara Skirt:
I have plenty of good things to say about this ASOS Curve Tiered Pleated Rara Skirt. It makes me feel delicately feminine and the pleated tiers do their jobs of giving me a swooooosh when I move. My friends love the skirt on me and it is very easy to match. More often, people think it is a formal type of skirt, great for dinners and events but I would have no qualms pairing this up with t-shirts too! I sized up and now the waistband felt a little loose on me but nothing a few stitches cannot fix. It is the perfect skirt and I want to wear it over and over again. It is a little heavy because of the tiers though.

Bows for ASOS Curve Tiered Pleated Rara Skirt



Pearly Cuff Tunic in Pale Pink: New Look
Tiered Pleated Rara Skirt: ASOS Curve (here)
Ballet Flats: Topshop
Oversized Clutch: Charles & Keith
Embellished Necklace: Forever21

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

13 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Mulford said...

You look gorgeous, and the photos you've posted are amazing!!

December 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger ThriftyMomma said...

You are so elegant in that skirt. I'm loving it. Very flirty and feminine. Love the bag too, great combination.

December 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger Bethamint said...

That is the most beautiful necklace! You look really beauitufl, and you always have such nice detail pictures in your post!

December 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger dc said...

Wow! Those pictures are awesome! I would like to know which kind of finish you use to get this effect on your pictures, it looks great, I love it!
Thanks in advance!
DC
xx

http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

December 13, 2010 at 2:05 AM  
Blogger neffbot said...

I LOVE that blouse! The pearls on the cuffs! And your necklace is so beautiful. You look great!

December 13, 2010 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger Morgaine said...

you look stunning!!! lovely lovely.x

December 13, 2010 at 5:21 AM  
Blogger thomessa said...

I love looking at the photos in your posts! Everything is so feminine and lovely! That is a stunning necklace your wearing and the minute I saw that bag I gasped! I love the hardware on the bag and it's interesting that it's furry!

December 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

Natalie: If the skirt is your style, you should buy it when ASOS comes out with their sale, I love it to bits!

ThriftyMomma: I seldom go out nowadays so I like to dress up whenever I can! Christmas is about the only time I can dress extravagantly without feeling awkward!

Bethamint: As do you, you have the loveliest way of wearing your leggings/tights. And necklace is from F21, they have these embellished necklaces that I am loving.

dc: Oh dear, I am using Photoshop Actions for special effects but the thing is I don't know where I downloaded them from, I just googled them and download them!

Rebecca: That is a New Look Size 18. The previous blouse with the bow at the neckline was a size 16 so New Look's sizes are varying. I ordered a 20 for their dress and I couldn't breathe. If you like, you can go to New Look's website and look for Pearly Cuff Tunic and they have it as a dress form too!

Morgaine: Thanks dearie :)

Thomessa: Oversized clutches are my recent obsession because of the number of things I like to bring out and this particular one has 3 ways of wearing it, as a clutch, as a handbag and I also love the black one, maybe I'll get it if it goes on sale!

December 13, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous as usual! Your style is so lovely - simple and feminine, and you always look so polished!

Also, I love the Asos skirt - I'm glad I finally got to see it on a real person!

December 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Una said...

This outfit is lovely. I have to say i always love your photos, they are so soft and artful. You have a great eye. Are you a photographer?

December 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

Elizabeth: The skirt is truly lovely and I think it will look fab on you too if you decide to go for it.

CurvyEveryday: Not a photographer, no one quite artful, on the contrary I work in IT, so quite the geekette here but I love to look at beautiful photographs and see how they achieve certain effects.

December 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

gorgeous photos girly :)
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx
take a peek at my $100 gift card giveaway while you're at it!

December 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Brenda Jean said...

Echoing what everyone else said. New reader says hello, and I want to see more! Charmed by that blouse.. blissful.

December 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter