Sunday, December 26, 2010

OOTD: Have Yourself A Very Lacy Christmas

Merry Christmas folks! Singapore celebrated Christmas earlier than those in United States or United Kingdom so I had fun wishing everyone around me Merry Christmas and then to my other friends overseas! I am very late to wish all my blogging friends but here's a wish that Love, Joy, Peace and Happiness came in your way during the festive season and you had a great time with family and friends wherever you are.

There are only a few girls in my department so I sent them an invitation to participate in "Have Yourself A Very Lacy Christmas". It is really easy, we all just have to turn up in lacy tops, skirts or dresses and everyone appeared in lacy dresses which is kind of nice! I wore a lace dress that I bought from Miss Selfridge about a year or two ago. At that time, Prada just launched their lace collection which kicked off the lace craze till today. The dress was size 14 and I fervently wished it was 2 or more inches longer and I had to wear a bandeau or an inner slip as the deep v also meant that there was a vulgar display of assets AND it was too tight around the bust to breathe properly but I felt compelled to buy it because I think the lace details are too pretty to miss. The things we women do to look good ..

I also overate on Christmas Eve during lunch and dinner. We had a potluck lunch and ordered in pretty much trays of noodles, a 4 kilogram turkey, 2 kilogram ham, 1 kilogram of Salmon Wellington, 2 kilogram of Shepherd's Pie with Tandoori Chicken Curry, a platter of cold cuts, a giant Awfully Chocolate logcake, sparkling drinks, marshmallow cakes, brownies, 4 tubs of Ben & Jerry's and if you feel like puking, yeah me too.















For dinner, we had a buffet hotpot. Basically, we were given 4 different kinds of soup bases which are chicken soup, duck soup, laksa and tomyam. You are free to take any kind and any amount of seafood, vegetable, mushroom, meat and noodle selections they had on display and dump it into the soup bases to cook it, haul it into your bowl and eat. To countdown, we ended up at Timbre @ Old School and sang along with the live band till midnight.




Lacy Dress: Miss Selfridge
Black Inner Slip: Marks & Spencer
Black Flats: Dorothy Perkins
Turquoise Earrings: Diva

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

13 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I love that dress! You look fabulous! And that food Looks delicious! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :D

-Christina <3

December 27, 2010 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger heavyaura said...

You look lovely! Hope your holiday was beautiful!

December 27, 2010 at 2:48 AM  
Blogger Gazel M. said...

You all look great. I love your dress!

http://bonjourgazel.com

December 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Everything looks so delicious! And your dress is lovely :)

December 27, 2010 at 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Allison said...

mmmm the food looks great as does all that lace! Merry Christmas!

December 27, 2010 at 5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that lace dress, especially the sleeves! Looks like you had a fun Christmas :).

December 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger thomessa said...

You look incredible and that dress suits you so much! The part of the dress around the wrist is so pretty! You always look so happy and tend to have a good time! (: That food looks to good right now!

December 27, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Una said...

I love that dress on you. You and the girls look beautiful. I really like that dress, sorry i'm obsessing a little. Thanks for the christmas wishes so sweet.

The food looks yummy. The dessert portion is right up my alley.

December 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger ElleBee said...

The lace dress is gorgeous on you! Love that you got your co-workers in on the theme with you. :)

Looks like you had lots of yummy food, hard not to overeat when there are so many treats.

December 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Natalie Mulford said...

I love that dress! You look gorgeous!

December 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I love your blog, and am jealous of your dress! You have a new follower :)

Adrienne
http://lolarocksclothing.blogspot.com/

December 27, 2010 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

You look so pretty in that babydoll lace dress! AND, I love the time difference element of being able to say Merry Christmas twice to people round the world! I will say a belated Merry Christmas to you!!!

December 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger BBM said...

oh-la-la! u definitely set the house on fire that night! glad to see u enjoyed ure christmas celebration love!

December 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter