Monday, January 17, 2011

Word Intensive Much?

I have my heartfelt 'Thank You' going out to CurvyEveryday and Fatale Fashion for nominating me for 'Most Inspirational Blogger' award and 'Your Blog Is Breathtaking' award respectively. It feels nice to be appreciated especially since I had my doubts for starting up a blog that will showcase my face and body to the World Wide Web. The road to being brave is not an easy decision. The moment you decided that you are ready to present yourself to the world is the moment that you should expect that besides your supporters, there may also be a fair group of detractors. The detractors will serve to scrutinize every pore of your being with the purpose of tearing down the wall of self-esteem you have put up. Those who are not strong enough crumble and fade into obscurity.

I am not always strong but I believe that putting up a blog to share what I am wearing on an occasional basis to those who have the same passion for gathering inspiration is not wrong and it is this sense of self-driven purpose that brings me here today. From people around me in the blogsphere, I have learnt how Beauty is the most evident in the face of Confidence and I have also seen how frugal people need not compromise on the quality of their dressing. Everyday when I read these blogs, I only think of how big the world is, how people from far away are linked together so miraculously by the power of technology and how a passion for something helps us to cross paths albeit virtually. I've seen different lands from pictures even though my feet may not touch the ground there.

To all of you, a big 'Thank You'.

I'll like to pass the "Most Inspirational Blogger" award on to 3 other bloggers.


Bella of One Sister's Rant has amused me no end with her anecdotes of Life which really inspired me to want to write somewhat like her but sadly the episodes of my life are not half as interesting so for now, I am contented to bask in her humour.

Jeniese of The Jenesaisquoi has shown the fearless determination of a fashionista wanting to wow the audience with her outfits. She had spotted some bright dresses, body-hugging outfits that fitted her to a T and seriously made this prude (me) consider going sexy.

Evie
from "One More" is one of the first few blogger friends I've got since starting out. She possesses a hawk instinct - swooping down on the latest trends, has an eye for anything beautiful and most powerful of all, her flair for thrifting good and chic deals which I am vhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifery envious of. She is a very genuine individual and I can find nothing bad to say about her except I wish she has more outfit posts!

I'm going to use the questions that Ariana over at Fatale Fashion has answered as a little bit more information to myself.

1. What inspires you?

I'm easily inspired. Beautiful things, minimalist fashion, warm spirits, wonderfully written books, artistically shot films and lovely crooning music are all contributors.

2. What is your favorite season and why?

I'll say it's Autumn. Having lived in Singapore all my life, I am a little tired of the heat but Autumn is the perfect weather of not too cold and not too warm and where the leaves shed to begin anew.

3. What are you most looking forward to this year?

Being thirty years old. Ever since I passed my twenty-first birthday, I've been dreading moving to the next level called "Early Thirties" but as of recent years, I've found less to fear and more to look forward to. I'm looking forward to how each of my old friends will change and how we will move on together. Age is a number.

4. If you could write a book about anything, what would you write about?
I would write a book about a fat girl's journey to falling in Love. Sure it would not be rosy, she will meet jerks along the way, suffer heartbreaks and buy her way to more Love but she is still a hopeless romantic, an idealist and a believer after the trials and tribulations. She may not find her perfect ending but she being she will not end badly alone either.

5. What is your greatest passion?
Words. I find words forming into sentences incredibly fascinating. I believe myself capable of getting an orgasm from well-formed words and sentences one day.

6. If you could change one thing about your life or yourself what would it be and why?
To apply myself more academically. I know I could do it but I was too playful at that time and didn't end up with as much education under my umbrella as I would like. If I had, I wonder if Life would be any different. I'm not regretting my Life but there is still a bit of curiosity there.

7. Lastly, what is your favorite novel?

"The Losers" by David Eddings. We think of David Eddings of this writer of fantasy novels but few knew and read his more contemporary works. "The Losers" struck a powerful chord in me maybe because of the protagonist's fall from grace as I felt I had at one time in my life. Many books had me but this was one of the first few.


I'll like to dedicate "Your Blog Is Breathtaking" award to everyone of you out there who struggles to make a difference to your life everyday and for this, you are a rockstar.

Labels:


posted by The Merry Traveller at

5 Comments:

Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Congrats on the awards, love! So well deserved :) <3

January 18, 2011 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

Thank you for being brave! What you have to say and show needs to be heard!

January 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats :)

January 20, 2011 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Bella said...

Dee, you sexy thing you! I am tickled pink at your sweet words. I am honored and can safely say I bask in your ability to own fashion the way that you do! I'd gladly trade some humor for some of your magic any day! I want you to know that I plan to print your words about my blog and frame them right above my desk for inspiration. Truly, you have made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have class, lady!

January 22, 2011 at 7:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more on what you said my love. Every day I get more confident when I post blogs, and when I read blogs posted by beautiful women just like you. It is amazing how much it can help you to see your own beauty. You are an incredible woman and I'm so glad that you blog and that I am able to be in touch with you even in a small way. From my side of the world to yours I send huge hugs!!

January 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter