Thursday, March 10, 2011

OOTD: Leopard Crawl

I have received some lovely packages, some from ASOS and one from Yours Clothing that I couldn't wait to show. Of course I told myself that I'll seek diversity in clothes soon (as in not to buy from ASOS all the time) but the free shipping internationally option is really good and their ASOS Curve range is really stepping up some notches to deliver chiffon options to the larger female population. We know chiffon is really unforgiving as it has no stretch and in the past, it would only be a case of envy because I have always had a partiality for the lighter and feminine fabric and it's near to impossible to find it in my size but it is no longer so. It would no doubt dismay those who hate that type of fabric.

And New Look, if you are listening at all, your online shopping site sucks. Between my friend and I, we have tried close to 7 or 8 credit cards and the transactions dropped before it could be processed. We called the banks and they have already authorized our payment ... except you didn't receive it. I even called to your UK line for help out of my own pocket several times but to no avail. You are losing a lot of international customers this way!






Review on the ASOS Curve Exclusive Leopard Wrap Dress:

When it arrived, I knew I would love it. The material is soft and silky to touch, a little slinky even. It is a wrap dress and is extremely flattering on my middle portion in which the tummy so often protrudes. Well perhaps the one reason for that is that the attention is being taken up by the deep v in front of the dress that shows a cleavage to its most glorious potential if you so desire. For those who seek modesty, hope is not lost because you can definitely opt to wear a bandeau with the dress and that should take no enjoyment away from the dress because it is that wonderful. I really love the free flowing skirt and the general shape of the dress. I have also decided to go against pairing black which I usually do and opted for a bright pink. I like how the colour combination brings a more fun feeling as compared to a solemn black and leopard combination. The dress fits me beautifully and I really have no complains except that I would love to have this dress over and over again in solid colours! It really is the perfect dress for work (preferably without the cleavage), for a date (definitely with some cleavage but not all), a wedding reception (again with some cleavage only unless the bride is showing off a whole lot more than you and you are forced to retaliate else it might make you pale much in comparison) and to parties.

Bows for the ASOS Curve Exclusive Leopard Wrap Dress:



If you are wondering why there are six bows, it's because I love it so I am rewarding it an extra special bow! The feather brooch can be worn 2 ways and so it can be used as a hair accessory as well. I do love something that has multiple uses!

Dress: ASOS Curve (here)
Pink Cardigan: Dorothy Perkins
Flats: ASOS
Gold Necklace: Soon Lee @ Haji Lane
Feathery Brooch: Bought from the street shops
Ring: Dorothy Perkins
Bracelet:ASOS

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

40 Comments:

Blogger Katrin said...

I never paired leo with red, but is is so fab and the outfits deserves every of the six bows :D

I love mustache things, there is a German jewelry shop on web where you can find lots of cute stuff like this. Also I love the idea of getting a mustache tattooed to my finger, so I can hold it up over my lips every now and than !

March 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

@ Karin: But will you get tired of it? You can always use a pen to draw it and it has no lasting effect!

March 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Gemma D said...

This dress fits you so well! And I love your accessories xx

March 10, 2011 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Immer. said...

I definitely want this dress!!!!
you look amazing and your review convinced me at all :)

March 10, 2011 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Le blog de Letilor said...

Hey ! beautiful dress. I probably take in my next order .

March 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger JazmineKariss said...

Ooooh girl! Im loving that dress on you! TO DIE FOR!
-Jaz

March 10, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that suits you so well!
i love that you paired it with pink - its quite unexpected but lovely :D
Rosie xoxo

March 10, 2011 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Mirka said...

The dress is amazing! Oh and I love the brooch! xx

March 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger aroselikethis said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, i thought you'd like the peter pan colla :P

this looks so lovely on you the colour of the cardigan with the print is just so cool :)

xxx

March 10, 2011 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Allison said...

That dress looks great on you and I love how you've paired it with the pink cardigan. Very pretty!

March 10, 2011 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

that dress is awesome and looks incredible on you!!

March 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Kristel Knows said...

Love this review, how fortunate are you, love this look and the dress is to die for!!! You're so cute!! <3

March 10, 2011 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger ThriftyMomma said...

Oh! That dress is so so flattering on you! Love the print, the drape/style...fits your figure perfectly. If I keep reading I may be totally cash poor,as I WANT all your outfits and assesories LOL...Love this look!!!

March 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looks so cute! I love the dress with the pink cardigans. And your ring?! Oh my, definitely amazing! Thanks for the fashion inspiration :)

March 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Laurel Ann said...

I love all your dresses! Please don't stop with the dresses! It looks killer on you. I love the floaty leopard and kudos on finding something that suits you so well and it reusable! EEK!

http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com
Enter my giveaway!

March 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Lexy of BeautyFash said...

AMAZING outfit, I love everything about that dress. And I also love that you put that bright cardigan. Your accessories are always so cute! :)

March 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

This dress is beautiful! I love the neckline and it's a slightly different print than most of the leopard out there! I love it paired with this vibrant honeysuckle color!

March 10, 2011 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Morgaine said...

looks amazing!! love the how fearless you are; pairing it with bright pink. I'd never do that : ) x

March 11, 2011 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger laura said...

the dress is gorgeous, and it really suits you well. I love how it cinches your waist! Indeed, it's very very flattering :) I'm surprised that I really am digging the pairing of the animal print with a red cardi. I'm usually more of a black and red (and that's it) kinda gal, but I suppose animal print is the new black?

March 11, 2011 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Stiletto Siren said...

You have totally sold me on that dress not that i need another animal print item but now I must have it!
Very cute and smart!
xoxo
Stiletto

March 11, 2011 at 1:38 AM  
Blogger Ariana said...

This dress is so cute on you! It looks much better on you than it does on the model on ASOS' site. I guess it's the light but this almost looks like grey/black snow leopard rather than brown. Either way it looks fabulous and I love how your paired it with the pink cardi. And that brooch is too cute!

March 11, 2011 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute! This dress looks great on you, it fits you so nicely. I really like the cardi you paired with it. I love the bow!!

xo

March 11, 2011 at 1:54 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

You look so adorable! That dress is lovely! Love the leopard/red cardi combo! :D

-Christina <3

March 11, 2011 at 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

Lady, this dress is most definitely the six bows you assigned it. OMG you look amazing! How very genius to pair this pink cardi with this animal print. I love it! I also love the amount of cleavage shown with this wrap dress and may I say the flats are just adorable? All in all, this is a wonderful, wonderful outfit. I'm a fan!

March 11, 2011 at 4:46 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Sorry that the new look website is being crappy for you and your friends but in good new you are totally rocking this outfit. the dress is GORGEOUS and the leopard print looks totally fab with the pink cardigan. LOVE IT!!!!


Bow Dream Nation xx

March 11, 2011 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh my gosh! You look so cute in this outfit! I'm jealous of all of your ASOS Curve clothing! You're making me want to shop! must... resist...

http://bargainfatshionista.blogspot.com

March 11, 2011 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Haha. I love your commentary with the cleavage bits. I always have to wear a little cami underneath dresses with tops like these otherwise the cleavage levels are dangerous. You look great in this...it's so your style!

March 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger thomessa said...

You look so pretty! I love that you wore the dress with the pink cardigan instead of black! :) I thought I had miscounted the number of bows when I saw six!! It's so gorgeous that it needs seven bows!! :) & the issue with those online stores is why I'm so worried of ordering anything not from the US. I hope everything got worked out smoothly!

March 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Mode Plus said...

You look fantastic! I tried the leopard dress (Evans) and found out that it wasn't me. I couldn't rock the dress. But u look great, and I like that u softened the dress with a pink cardi.

March 11, 2011 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I just love this dress on you! Animal print will always be dear to my heart, lol :)

March 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Carmella said...

Really love the way the dress looks on you! I've been eyeing it and was unsure but I think I might put it on my list after seeing how great it looks on you

March 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger Franceta said...

This is WONDERFUL. I am an avid lover of anything animal print, and this look is just adorable!

March 12, 2011 at 3:23 AM  
Blogger Bethamint said...

So gorgeous!
Your outfits always make me smile ^_^

March 12, 2011 at 5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I love your style & the outfits you put on. (: do you by any chance own a blogshop or an avenue where you sell your things? I'll be delighted to see them! (:

March 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger Michal (Skeletons Out of Closet) said...

You are so adorable! I love how the print doesn't look trashy on you. You really look cute!

March 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Rikke said...

I love this look! You look fierce and super cute! I've got the cardi in green and have thought about getting the pink one, too. Keep it up, lady!

March 14, 2011 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger dc said...

I looove leopard print and girl, you rock it!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

March 14, 2011 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Karrisa_T said...

Nice leopard dress! I'm waiting for a leopard skirt I ordered from Modcloth... yumm.

March 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Alissa said...

That is an amazing dress.

March 15, 2011 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jessica Viray said...

so cute! great styling

Jess
jessnothinless.blogspot.com

April 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter