Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OOTD: Will You Be My Valentine?

Well a belated Valentines everyone! I strongly believe that Valetines is not only for couples. When I was in high school, singles would also celebrate it as Friendship day and give each other flowers so we are never really alone. It is nice! Last year this time, I was single and we celebrated by going out for a good meal. Any reason to eat at all is good!

Valentines is a Monday and I had to work and I don't relish the thought of overcrowded restaurants so I went out the day before. My friends asked me to go out for a Sunday morning breakfast and so I did. It was decadent! To be truthful, I ate my day away literally. Morning breakfast and afternoon tea were courtesy of the friends and dinner was with the Boy. I was very stuffed when the day came to an end!


We were at Jones the Grocer for breakfast.




My best friend whom I've known for 17 years now. Shocking!


Her adorable son, so tiny and so naughty.


This little girl ran up to him and molested him all over because he was wearing a tshirt that says "I'm Rich!"


Milk Rocky Road, a combination of marshmallows, caramel and violet crumble and milk chocolate




Valentines, not without some heart-shaped objects. These macarons are made of rose, lychee and passionfruit.





Deep fried towered egg with sauce


Thai food is not without a bowl of sweet and sour spicy Tom Yam soup


Barbecued squid with sauce


Deep fried sweet and sour Garoupa with herbs

All these food and I didn't even showed you what I ate for breakfast! A special mention to my cherry earrings which I adore and spent a long time finding. They looked very real and I have people telling me from time to time how delicious they looked hanging from my earlobes!

Review on the ASOS CURVE Exclusive Vintage Inspired Playsuit:


The moment I saw it, I knew I had to have it although there are a lot of things that I saw and knew that I had to have. First of all, may I say I love jumpsuits and playsuits? They are like dresses to me - easy to wear, no mix and match required and I am really a boy trapped in a girl's body. I tend to hop and sit cross-legged a lot and dresses are sometimes too inconvenient. This playsuit has the most beautiful plethora of colours. I love the flutter sleeves, the neckline of the playsuit, the slightly ruched bodice and to top the cake, there is a lovely cutout behind the playsuit. Now in our hot summer weather, I appreciate cutouts like these to be cool and in all sense of the word, this is a perfect playsuit! When it arrived, the material was thin but I didn't feel that it is inferior because the material is meant to be thin and cooling. The floral prints are absolutely gorgeous and the bottom flares outwards so I can fit into my usual size 22 with ease. The only thing that I did wish for was for it to be a little longer. In its current length, I cannot bend down without exposing my rump for the world to see. But other than that, perfect perfect perfect! Very true to size and a well-loved piece to pass the hottest summer days with ease.

Bowdicts for the ASOS CURVE Exclusive Vintage Inspired Playsuit:



I still gave it a full 5 bows even though I wish it was slightly longer. I think I should have expected it to be short from the pictures on the website.

Fat Aus is also rocking hers here!

Playsuit: ASOS Curve (here)
Green Clutch: ASOS
Elastic Slip-Ons: Charles & Keith
Ring: Topshop
Cherry Earrings: Fred Flare

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

46 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post, D! I enjoyed all of the pictures. You're making me want to travel to Singapore to enjoy the weather & the yummy food :). I love the playsuit on you. I'm the same way, I sit with my legs tucked under and it's not so easy in a dress. I'm glad you had a great V-Day. Your envelope purse is too cute and I can see your happiness radiating through :)

February 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Kristel Knows said...

you look sooooo cute! love the pics, wish I was there, I've always wanted to visit Singapore. :D really really nice dress too, you look stunning in it.

February 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Laura Mullins said...

you're so cute! i love that ring, and that food looks deeeelicious. i have a weakness for thai food. (: hooray for friendship day!!! i totally agree

February 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

This looks like such a lovely way to spend Valentine's/Friendship day! :)

February 16, 2011 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger moonshinejunkyard said...

i LOVE this idea of Friendship day, so sweet and cheerful! your romper is so adorable, i want one! the slight ruching and the fluttery sleeves are so frisky and pretty.

thanks for stopping by my blog; i am now enjoying looking through your adorable posts too!

February 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Rikke said...

You look so cute in that playsuit! I've considered buying it, too, but don't think my shape could pull it off as well! Looks like you had a great day, happy belated Valentines/Friendship day :)

February 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Mode Plus said...

Ahh, her son is so cute :D I never celebrate Valentines either, I don't like it when events are so predetermined. I want to do my own thing, you know?
It;s good you reviewed about the length. I would have never thought it to be short.
It looks airy indeed, great for tropical weather (for when I move back to Curacao).

February 16, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Allison said...

What nice photos! They're making me hungry! The playsuit looks great and I LOVE your purse!

February 16, 2011 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Bethamint said...

You're so gorgeous in your playsuit!
I am definitely going to look for a playsuit this summer.

February 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Bella said...

I love this romper! You look so chic and comfortable at the same time and that for me is the winning combination! I love the floral print, so perfect for the hot, sunny weather we have yet to see. However, seeing you in this playsuit gives me hope that soon we too shall be able to expose our legs and hopefully look half as cute as you! :)

February 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

It looks like you had a fab Valentine's Day! I LOVE the playsuit, might have to check out ASOS and snag one for myself!

Adrienne

February 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Lexy of BeautyFash said...

LOVE your outfit and that green clucth is amazing!! Great pics, the food looks so delish! I am dying to try macarons, even though they look too pretty to eat. ;)

February 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow. you look amazing!
i love the print of the playsuit!
and how adorable is her son ^.^
i love the idea of giving flowers to your friends on valentines day. even though im in a relationship i strongly believe that valentines day should be a day to spread love around to EVERYONE, not just a boyfriend/girlfriend.
love this post! xo

February 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Fat Aus said...

i love the playsuit on you!

February 16, 2011 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Dawn said...

This is a great post! The Jones shop looks really fun, your outfit is really cute, your friend's son is adorable! And heart shaped macaroons? I love it!

http://andohsofancy.blogspot.com

February 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger laura said...

dee, you look fantastic in that playsuit! and it looks (and sounds) like you had a fantabulous day! i sooo totally love those adorable heart-shaped macarons and am interested to taste the milky rocky road. And of course, I LOVE all the Asian food pics. NOM NOM NOM.

February 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger alana said...

I want a playsuit so bad. You look adorable!

February 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger ZAG said...

That playsuit is sooo cute! It sounds like you had a blast out with your friends and Boy for pre-V-day celebrations. I love that ring too, it has a very vintage air about it.

February 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for reviewing this! I've been looking at it and looking at it! How tall are you may i ask? I'm 5ft 3" - I want to see if it'll be as short one me.

Also how CUTE is your friend's little boy!!

February 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the playsuit! I just did a post about how I'm lusting over bright floral prints for spring. I've always been dubious about the playsuit because it seemed complicated, plus I don't do shorts. I'm not a fan of my legs. But I bet I could pair this with some tights and still be cute. Maybe? but not as cute as you miss, you just look the part in that bright colored gorgeous thing!

February 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger JazmineKariss said...

I will definately go look for it! ohhh I LOVE that playsuit haha!!!! I want it!!
:)
I hope you had an awsome vday, I know I did :)
-Jaz
http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

February 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

your torturing me with cuteness overload: your outfit, babies, macaroons, and food :D

February 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger La pépite modeuse said...

great blog !

February 17, 2011 at 4:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute! Looks like you had a fun time. I love all the pictures. I really enjoy your reviews of the ASOS products.

February 17, 2011 at 5:06 AM  
Blogger neffbot said...

Those macaroons look delicious! And your friend's son is so adorable!

February 17, 2011 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Una said...

Oh my goodness, i could spend all day with that little one how cute. The food looks so yummy. The photos are beautiful and as always you look beautiful. Love the friendship valentine. I'd be your valentine any day.

February 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Chantelle said...

That ring is beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it and it made me very happy.

February 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Audrey Allure said...

All the food looks so good! And haha, that's so cute about the girl running up to your friend's son.

February 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger thomessa said...

Your wearing that playsuit so well! I love everything you added to the outfit! The earrings and clutch are gorgeous! You already know that I'm loving all these photos (partially because it's food)! That food is putting my granola bar to shame! :)

February 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Phelanie said...

i LOVE your dress and that ring! looks like so much fun :)
xphel

February 18, 2011 at 2:05 AM  
Blogger cherry vidal said...

love your blog, just went through nearly all your posts, i want your wardrobe! question i'm thinking about ordering stuff from forever 21 plus and i am not sure of the sizing its not clear to me and as we wear the same size 20/22 what size do you wear?
pls follow my blog www.lifethrutheeyesofacherry.blogspot.com

February 18, 2011 at 4:53 AM  
Blogger De Vero said...

So sweet pictures! The boy are so cute!Just lovely, nice that you share ;)

http://de-vero.blogspot.com

February 18, 2011 at 5:09 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

All that amazing looking food is making me hungry as I sit in bed and type this comment!!! They playsuit is gorgeous. I love the way they look but I really don't think they suit my body well so I'll just have to stick to dresses. I always think they must be a right pain when you need the loo.


Bow Dream Nation xx

February 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

So many cute things in this post, from the cookies (yum) to the kids (precious!) to that amazing playsuit. I adore the print on it, the sweetheart neckline and the flutter sleeves. Romantic and fun, perfect for Valentine's Day!

February 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Oh my gosh I want EVERYTHING in this post. It all looks so delicious... I'm totally jealous. Oh and your friends babe is too cute and so are you!!

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

February 18, 2011 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Gazel M. said...

You are SO adorable.

February 19, 2011 at 2:05 AM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

I love that you called it Friendship day - that is perfect! I like to celebrate Valentine's about love in general :) This restaurant looks fabulous, how cute are the heart macarons?!

February 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes yes, do the challenge! :) And my goodness, those macaroons look SO delicious.

February 19, 2011 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger BBM said...

such exotic looking eats! i want all of it! i am drooling as we speak and love, love ure asos number. you're just too darn cute d!

February 19, 2011 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute and very stylish!!! I really love your blog!

February 19, 2011 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Nnenna said...

Your playsuit is so fun D! Also, heart-shaped macarons?! I die from their cuteness!! :D

February 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger The Jenesaisquoi said...

Love the jumpsuit! It's so cute!!! And I love that ring!

February 19, 2011 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger dc said...

All those pictures are so adorable!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

February 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Andreea said...

Really adorable photos and you look so cute! I love your dress<3

♥ kisses ♥

http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

February 20, 2011 at 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing blog. Love it!

xo thefashionguitar

February 22, 2011 at 4:56 AM  
Blogger halloween.valentine said...

I just want to say the playsuit/romper looks good on you. I can't wait till the weather gets better so I can wear a romper I got this year from forver 21. I've had one in my closet for ages from Walmart that I need to wear too, but I think it needs a bit of altering~

February 28, 2011 at 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter