Monday, March 14, 2011

New Layout But Still The Same

Hello everybody. This weekend I got a bit agitated on how "unfriendly" my website seems to be in terms of searching and finding information e.g. if you want to look for all my clothes reviews for example, there isn't a clear way to find it without going through some trouble. I know the old website was overdued for a change but I just procrastinated for a long time. I finally did it! Taking inspiration from the bright pops of colour that are typical of Spring and Summer, I've also made my blog gone happy with the use of pastel colours and cute little graphics. Hopefully, this will help you to navigate my blog better!

I've also gotten around to do a proper "About" page. It has a little FAQ section in it which carries some bits of myself that people may be interested in. I am just assuming these are the questions that people might have but you know you can email me or tweet me if you have any question at all. Email address is themerrytraveller at gmail.com.

Also the "Reviews" on the sidebar carries all the bowdicts I've done so far and going forward and my outfits-of-the-day are under "Outfits" of course.

"Films" are my old film reviews that I did. "Food" carries all my gastronomic adventures and "Travel" denotes tales and photographs of places I've been to.

You'll also notice a "shop" which is categorized by the scary-looking crocodile. That link currently links to the main page of my blog but over the weekend, someone anonymous said she'll be interested to see my blogshop if I have one and I like the idea! I mean I am constantly in the process of buying and throwing and if there is an outlet that I can use to sell off the old clothes, I will be delighted to. I haven't figured out what avenue there is besides eBay, etsy or posting up on a blog page. What do you guys prefer if you are interested? So till I find a "shop front", the "shop" link will be just linking to my main page.

Is everyone able to view the blog fine? Are there any adjustments you'll like me to make?

P/S: I also know that my archives drop-down menu isn't working but I haven't figured it out yet.


posted by The Merry Traveller at

12 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

the new layout looks lovely, I'm off to explore


Bow Dream Nation xx

March 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM  
Blogger dc said...

I totally love it! Really, it's fabulous!
DC
xx
http://dentelleetchocolat.blogspot.com/

March 14, 2011 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the new layout, the buttons are soo cute! :D

Rosie xo

March 14, 2011 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Ioana Liliana said...

Ah a lovely layout indeed! Very fresh and cute!


Fashezine

March 14, 2011 at 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

I am loving the new lay out and I agree with the other ladies, the buttons are adorable! My favorite is the "outfits" cat! How cute is she! :)

March 14, 2011 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger Natalie Mulford said...

Ohh! It looks super cute! Love it!

March 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Franceta said...

I loved your old layout, this one is adorable. I'm a sucker for a layout change :P

March 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Katrin said...

Your new Layout is adorable! Did you do the illustrations by youself? OMG I just saw that they change colors when you hover over them *_* Cutenessoverload!
Also I think it is well structed!

March 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger The Merry Traveller said...

Thanks everyone for the nice and positive comments!

Katrin: I didn't draw them :) I found them on the web. I wish i had that much talent to draw and illustrate though.

Bella: Isn't she a beauty? The moment I saw her lift the polka dotted skirt, I knew she was posing for an OOTD :P

March 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger laura said...

How gorgeous and whimsical! I love the new layout and can't wait to go explore :)

March 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Stiletto Siren said...

Looks great darling!
xoxo
Stiletto

March 15, 2011 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger Nnenna said...

I think the makeover you've given your blog is simply wonderful! I've been wanting to settle on a blog layout that I really love for ages, but I just haven't had the time to come up with anything as lovely as this! Also, I read your about me page- how great to get to know a little more about you Dee :)

March 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter