Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Off To Taiwan


from luxuo.com

I know I haven't been around but my busy work schedule is still keeping me on my toes. I just want to let you guys know that I am taking a week off work to accompany my mother to Taipei to visit my aunties. The whole itinerary was determined by my uncle which means I don't have to do a scrap of planning and just get to go there and enjoy. I am hoping to eat up the local delights and take lots of pictures!

I am also excited about another upcoming trip in October. Originally, I toyed with the idea of going on a package tour to South Africa with some of my coworkers but I was kind of put off by the cost. Instead, I found myself a very sweet deal to go to Osaka, Japan instead! It will be my first time going Japan so I am mighty pleased about it. Looking at the Osaka Rail Map scared me (not for the faint-hearted) but I am lucky to have an underground veteran who will be accompanying me so all's good!

2011 looks to be a fruitful year for travel!

I'll see all of you lovely people when I get back and hopefully, I'll be rejuvenated!

Lotsa of Love to all of you!

Labels: , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

16 Comments:

Anonymous Adele said...

What a fantastic opportunity, I always wished I had family overseas so I'd have an excuse to travel!
Have an amazing time. x

April 26, 2011 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger thomessa said...

I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the photos :)

April 26, 2011 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

Safe travels! Have the best time ever!!

April 26, 2011 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

have fun!

April 27, 2011 at 6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels and enjoy your time!

April 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger Una said...

Have fun with your family, and can't wait to see you lovely photos of both trips.

April 27, 2011 at 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

Enjoy yourself, pretty lady! We are looking forward to blog posts and photos of your trip when you return! :)

April 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Have great fun traveling! i mean, you ARE the merry traveler right? :)
hearts, laura♥
the blog of worldly delights

April 27, 2011 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Danni said...

wow, have a fabulous time - get snap-happy!! So glad i stumbled upon your blog by the way - so refreshingly unique, your adorable! x

April 28, 2011 at 5:49 AM  
Blogger Nnenna said...

Safe travels Dee! Hope you have a fabulous time and see you when you return! =)

April 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Natalie Mulford said...

Hope you have a great time! If you ever get the chance, you should totally visit Australia! I'm biased, but it is gorgeous here!

April 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Mode Plus said...

Enjoy your trip, reload and we will see you soon :)

May 4, 2011 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a fantastic trip, doll! :)

May 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger MIMA DEVILLE said...

wow how exciting, have fun!

xo Mima


http://TheHauteTamale.blogspot.com

June 5, 2011 at 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

Join the vintage give away on my blog if you like :)

http://givelivelovelife.blogspot.com/2011/06/give-away-doortjes-vintage.html

June 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Osaka for two years - its an amazing city and I can give you a LONG list of places to visit!

June 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter