Thursday, August 11, 2011

OOTD: An Orange & Nude Palette





I love serendipitous moments in Life. So the weather has been insanely warm in the afternoons and I knew for sure that I wanted to wear something light and cooling. I settled on the orange chiffon top and set about to steam it. To digress a little, I bought a garment steamer and I think it is the greatest invention of recent times! I no longer have to struggle with setting clothes on an ironing board and set about to iron creases painstakingly and flip them over to iron the other side, only to discover the first well-ironed side is now creased. I also never knew what temperature to set for what type of material especially with materials like chiffon, satin, silk etc. With the steamer, I just have to hang my clothes up and let the steam permeate through and it will be miraculously straightened to a wearable condition! I'm not very fussy so as long as I don't look like a slob, it works for me. I highly recommend this to girls troubled with ironing issues.


In case you are interested, I am using the Novita SS13 in blushy pink.

Now back to the outfit story. It was one of those days I knew that the easiest to put on would be to grab a black cardigan from the cupboard but that day, I refused. There had to be something else other than black cardigans! I turned the cupboard topsy-turvy but still could not find anything suitable and I was about to give up when I spied a hint of nude underneath a pile of clothes. I dragged it out and was very pleased with the colour combination. Of course the colour combination is old news and it had been done before but hey, to not step back into the old familiar pattern of matching everything against black requires some thought process.

And as I was heading out of the door, I also made a grab for the new coral necklace that I bought lying about even though I already had a necklace on. Halfway through the day, I put it on and felt surprisingly complete!

Nude, Asymmetrical Cardigan: Topshop
Orange Chiffon Tank Top: Dorothy Perkins
Black Jeans: Anusa in Bangkok
Coral Gem Necklace: Forever21
Gold Necklace: Green Petals
Ring: M)phosis


Labels: , , , , ,


posted by The Merry Traveller at

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty color combination!! I love the pop of the orangey coral underneath the nude. I was so excited to see your comment! I've been so busy lately, and was wondering when you would be back. Now to catch up on reading your blog! xo

August 11, 2011 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Kristel Knows said...

you look so beaufiul. love this outfit on you! :D the necklace is my fav. hugs

August 11, 2011 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Love the necklace!!!

August 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger GiddyUpGirlz said...

I really adore the drapey cardigan esp. the color with the peach underneath. The necklace really sets the outfit off to perfection!

August 12, 2011 at 3:35 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Love this color combination on you. Your accessories are perfect, as usual!

I really want a steamer but don't want to store it. I'm bad at putting away laundry (I put it in a pile and let it sit, more wrinkles) and it would really come in handy. And ironing sucks.

August 12, 2011 at 4:58 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

I will join the rest of the cheering squad and say I love both of these colors together! The chunky necklace is just divine and I agree, it works well with the other one. I have been thinking of getting a steamer for ages since I hate, hate to iron. I've put it on a back burner but now as I unpack clothes from my suitcases, I'm wishing I had one! :)

August 12, 2011 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Dawn said...

Love the color combination. All of your jewelry is so pretty!

xo, Jennifer
Bows, Pearls, Love

August 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM  
Blogger thomessa said...

The orange and nude looks so good together! & both your necklaces are so pretty, but I love the shorter necklace. I hate ironing clothes too, now I'm interested in buying a steamer :) But mine probably won't be as pretty as yours, haha.

August 12, 2011 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger welldressedmaker said...

the color of orange and nude is such a huge hit this summer, it seems! It's a shame I don't have anything in orange or else I'd try it too. I really love that coral necklace!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

August 12, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! You look so comfortable and chic, and I so want that ring you've been wearing. Those colors look gorgeous on you, and I love whatever you have on your lips. Gorgeous!

August 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Aww, I just want to steal the clothes from your closet! You look so nice and put together. This color combo is to die for!

A few years back some friends of mine picked on me for "wearing black all the time" (which wasn't true) and after that I made it a habit to grab for color any chance I got. It's worked out pretty well for me!

August 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks for your sweet blog comment! I love the color of your shirt and how you have layered the necklaces, too cute! I am especially envious of the coral colored necklace.

August 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Alissa said...

I looove the necklace and the neutral tones.

August 23, 2011 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

This is an elegant color combination. That peachy pink shade looks lovely on you!

August 30, 2011 at 3:44 AM  
Anonymous TravelGRATIFY said...

I really adore the drapey cardigan esp. the color with the peach underneath. The necklace really sets the outfit off to perfection!

May 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter