Wednesday, May 29, 2013

(Nearly) 2 Years Later

Hello ladies!

I'm sure you are aware I stopped fashion blogging for most part because I don't have anyone to photograph clothes on me now and my home isn't exactly the most conducive place to do so due to its lack of natural light and space. BUT, I still wear beautiful clothes when I can - that part of me hasn't changed. Everytime I survey myself critically in the mirror, I think of the blog, think of you and think of all those other lovely plus size ladies out there who are still taking the world by storm by being who they are and not fearing to become who they can and want to be.

It is with this thought in mind that even on the most dreary day .. when I feel tired and want to just escape from the world that I put on beautiful clothes and dab on a wee bit blusher and step out confidently in strides again. All of you are my strength! The period of time I was gone from blogging, I developed a little bit more skills. I started to learn how to speak in public - starting out from an audience of 40 to an audience of 70 and most recently now to 90. I still get very flustered when I have to do presentations or speeches but I will always don my prettiest dress and try to look confidently and mentally stop my voice from trembling. So superficial as it sounds, how you look really plays a part in how you feel about yourself, around people and in front of crowds. I am very thankful today because with the internet and online shopping kicking off, it is so much easier to avail yourself to the plus size clothing out there as compared to maybe 5 years ago. Then, I had to bring myself to step into every shop that remotely spelt the possibility of having clothes that would fit me. I use 'fit' and not 'suit' because there were very limited choices then. Sometimes, you can count your lucky stars if they even fit, not to mention suit. Some stores had giant, ugly cut-outs that spell "XXXXL" on their grimy windows and they are distasteful but I couldn't give up the stores because they might hold clothes that .. fit. Fast-forward till today, plus size clothing has a category on its own on a few major websites and they strive to provide trendy clothing that are suitable for all occasions and I truly feel that I am given a chance to show who I can be in the best light. Clothes do not define me but unmistakably, they are integral to the image I would like to portray and it is not a woman in dowdy, ill-fitting clothes who is uncomfortable with what she is wearing but a smiling, happy face clothed by what she knows she looks good in and is ready to take on the world with that knowledge.

Thank you, some of you ladies (Rebecca and happynessmagnet), for sending me messages and missing me.


More recent picture of myself and more grown-up

An update on my life:
I still buy way too many clothes on a regular basis but recently I felt so tired at having to manage all those clothes bursting out of my wardrobe that I thought I'll be a bit more conscious with my purchases (I only just started this resolution). Also, my lifestyle has changed. I now work in a bigger corporation and in town so I tend to dress in more corporate-like outfits. I don't have to dress in power suits but I can now get a bit creative in mixing and matching a bit more staidly pieces. On weekends, I realize all I want to do is to dress in soft skater dresses and cross-body bags! That's my weekend uniform at this time. If you'll like to see my "curated" work wardrobe, you can follow me on Pinterest.

Don't hold me to that but I want to come back to this space but the direction will be slightly different. Keep a lookout!


posted by The Merry Traveller at

14 Comments:

Anonymous theplussideofme said...

:) Well I won't put too much pressure on you, but I will say that I'll be happy to read anything you post! SO GOOD to hear from you!

May 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Keep Warm (Danielle) said...

Hi Hi HI!!!!! I've been checking back every now and again to see where you went! Glad that you life is perking along and that you still look gorgeous as ever and are feeling more confident! I always looked forward to your posts... Take care of you!

May 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Bella said...

Merry!!! I squealed when I saw you had a post! I miss your blog posts so much! You were such an inspiration to this sweat pants wearing blogger. I hope you will once again start blogging--fashion or whatever suits your fancy. Whatever it is, I shall read it! Hugs to you! :)

June 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Erin {Plus Sized Pretty} said...

It's so great to hear from you again Merry! :)

June 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger tomcam said...

Then I ordered something for Halloween and it was great . plus size . http://www.lucyclothing.com.au/ladies-plus-size

November 27, 2016 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMORPG
instagram takipçi satın al
TİKTOK JETON HİLESİ
Tiktok Jeton Hilesi
Antalya Sac Ekimi
referans kimliği nedir
İnstagram Takipçi Satın Al
MT2 PVP
TAKİPCİ SATIN AL

May 3, 2022 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kadıköy toshiba klima servisi
maltepe beko klima servisi
kadıköy beko klima servisi
kartal lg klima servisi
ümraniye lg klima servisi
ümraniye alarko carrier klima servisi
kartal daikin klima servisi
ümraniye daikin klima servisi
beykoz toshiba klima servisi

June 3, 2022 at 9:53 AM  
Anonymous korsan taksi said...

Good content. You write beautiful things.
vbet
mrbahis
taksi
hacklink
hacklink
vbet
sportsbet
mrbahis
sportsbet

December 12, 2022 at 5:55 PM  
Anonymous kıbrıs bahis siteleri said...

Success Write content success. Thanks.
deneme bonusu
betmatik
betpark
canlı slot siteleri
kralbet
betturkey
canlı poker siteleri

December 26, 2022 at 5:33 PM  
Anonymous canabis said...

mobil ödeme bahis
betpark
tipobet
kralbet
betmatik
kibris bahis siteleri
poker siteleri
bonus veren siteler
slot siteleri
8QİX

February 5, 2023 at 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بسيهات

April 5, 2023 at 3:15 AM  
Anonymous mahir said...

ığdır
afyon
kayseri
kırıkkale
zonguldak

SVP

August 1, 2023 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Ayhan said...

yurtdışı kargo
resimli magnet
instagram takipçi satın al
yurtdışı kargo
sms onay
dijital kartvizit
dijital kartvizit
https://nobetci-eczane.org/
WN0V

August 3, 2023 at 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


شركة تنظيف افران
تنظيف افران

December 14, 2023 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home








 



EMAIL: themerrytraveller at gmail dot com.


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter